1.FIRST NAME? Joyce
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? yes… a character from a novel my mom was reading right before I was born (my first name), and my paternal grandmother (Marie – middle name)
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? I cried about a week ago seeing a covenant child be baptized (tears of joy)
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yes; nice and neat, you know?
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? ham
6. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? yes… 9
7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOURSELF? Umhmm
8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? yes
9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? I am tempted at times, but it isn’t kind.
10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? I still remember being terribly thirsty, not being able to swallow, and being all alone after losing the tonsils at 5 years old. I threw up on the way home.
11. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? I value my body; no.
12. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? I wear clogs.
13. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? By God’s grace I am morally and spiritually strong, but I’m not as physically strong as in years gone by.
14. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Vanilla ice cream with hot fudge sauce.
15. SHOE SIZE? Don’t faint: 13
16. RED OR PINK? red
17. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I would like to be a little lighter.
18. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My favorite teacher from 5th grade through 8th grade. I wrote to him for years, then lost touch, and found out only recently that he had died before I had opportunity to tell him what a wonderful influence he was on my young life.
19. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? yes
20. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES YOU ARE WEARING? Black skirt, peasant style, and black *Crocs*
21. LAST THING YOU ATE? Pumpkin Yum (Only a small serving; is that OK?)
22. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Rebecca is telling me about the Hershey’s Kiss rose she made in Floral Design today.
23. FAVORITE SMELL(s) autumn leaves; the fragrance of a new-born baby.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? The receptionist at the dentist’s office.
25. FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Positive, kind, humble attitude
26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Willena, you know I love you!
27. FAVORITE DRINK? Fresh, hot coffee, first cup in the morning!
28. FAVORITE SPORT to play? Ping pong
30. EYE COLOR? green
31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? no
32. FAVORITE FOOD? A salad with all the fixings, like from Sizzler’s
33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? happy endings
34. LAST MOVIE? Pirates of the Caribbean II
35. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Forest green with a slate grey sweater over
36. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer; but really, autumn.
37. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs; many hugs. I love ‘em! With a quick back rub thrown in. Kisses are so slobbery.
38. FAVORITE DESSERT? Apple dumplings. You make biscuit dough, scatter chopped fresh apple sprinkled with cinnamon over, roll it up as for cinnamon rolls, slice it, and pour hot sugar syrup over. Then you bake it and serve the dumplings with milk or whipped cream or ice cream. Yum! I’ll send you the recipe if you so desire.
39. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Y’all
40. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Don’t know.
41. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? The Practice of Godliness by Jerry Bridges
42. WHAT’S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD Three sleepy puppies
43. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? We don’t have TV reception
44. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Hearing family activity in the home
45. ROLLING STONES or the BEATLES? the Beatles, but really The Moody Blues or Simon and Garfunkel or Joan Baez or Peter, Paul and Mary.
46. THE FURTHEST YOU’VE BEEN FROM HOME? Chicago, Illinois from San Jose, CA when I was 18.
47. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Writing, drawing, cooking and baking, and all-around puzzle solver
48. WHEN AND WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Phoenix, Arizona; 1953.