Laura tagged me to do this quiz.
For you who will be tagged by me, this is how it works. Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot.
The Epic of Mom
The Informal Matriarch
All About Aidan
Life According to Laura
What were you doing 10 years ago?
Ten years ago, this grandma was taking care of her own one-year old baby.
Ten years ago was a busy time, since all the children were young: 14, 12, 12, 11, 9, 7, 5, 3 and 1.
We were a homeschooling family back then.
We were attending the Associated Presbyterian Church in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
What were you doing one year ago?
One year ago I was a busy mom (as I continue to be), doing lots of driving, taking everyone to their various activities.
We were preparing for having the four youngest children in public school, a first for us. By the way, it has worked out really well. The children actually have social lives now, having met some quality friends. Hooray! Three of the children have discovered that they are interested in sports, something I didn’t know about them.
Five Snacks You Enjoy:
1. Sliced apples
2. A salad with all the fixings (I know this isn’t a snack, but it is my favorite food.)
3. A cup of coffee, really good coffee
4. A piece of chocolate
5. A few salted cashews
Five Songs That You Know All the Lyrics To:
Sorry, I go about my daily work without wearing an ipod, so my repertoire is limited to little kid songs such as nursery rhymes, and portions of the psalms, metrical version.
Five Things You Would Do If You Were a Millionaire:
1. I would like to go back to college.
2. I would like to build a little country cottage (designed by my husband, of course) for Rick and me to live in when we are old.
3. I would like fast, dependable internet, quite a valuable thing to one who likes to keep in touch with others in that way.
4. I would get a gym membership and use it.
5. I would build an art studio for my girls.
6. Those who know me know that REALLY I would greatly enjoy giving most of the money away. It’s true.
Five Bad Habits:
1. Knowing I should get more exercise, but not doing so routinely.
2. Staying up too late for no real reason.
3. Being a Matchmaker to folks who have not asked for that service.
4. Being too hard on myself when my entire TO DO list isn’t completed each and every day.
5. Getting really sad when someone is upset with me. Boo-hoo-hoo!
Five Things You Like To Do:
1. Read blogs (friends and family)
2. Write on my blog
3. Read, read, read!
4. Go for a relaxing walk
5. Do my domestic duties (bake, cook, clean, etc.)
Five Things You Would Never Wear Again:
1. Maternity clothes, since I’m now grandma-age
2. knee socks
3. head bands
4. tight shoes
5. uncomfortable clothing which is too dressy
Five Favorite Toys:
1. My laptop computer with reliable internet connectivity
2. My Suzuki Grand Vitara, for going places using a minimum of expensive fuel
3. My coffeemaker is not a toy, but is useful for brewing my favorite beverage
4. My husband is a lot of fun, but again is not a toy
5. I enjoy my children’s company also. Guess I’m not really into toys.
I am tagging: