The prompt this week for Ten on Tuesday
is “Ten Favorite Time Wasters.” I prefer to say, “Ten Favorite Ways I Relax,” or maybe, “Ten Things That I Call Recreation That Others Might Call Weird.” But, I HATE to think of time being wasted. So, here you have my Ten Favorite Activities that are not work:
- Playing Scrabulous on Facebook (Spelling and strategy are good, even when they’re not “work.”)
- Lil Green Patch on Facebook (Do I really help save the rainforest when I use that application?)
- Posting on my blog
- Reading the blogs of others (Just one more . . . )
- Taking our dog for a walk
- Playing Spider solitaire (when the internet is down and I can’t get on Facebook)
- Playing Freecell (ditto)
- Playing card games with my girls
- Reading recipe books (Hey, I get good ideas that way!)
- Reading, reading, reading
(This recipe is from http://www.kraftfoods.com.)
1 French bread baguette
1 tub (8 ounces) Philadelphia Cream Cheese spread
3 Tablespoons pesto
½ cup sun-dried tomatoes (the kind that are dehydrated rather than in oil are nice)
½ cup drained marinated artichoke hearts, chopped (optional)
2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped (or not)
Cut baguette lengthwise in half. Remove soft insides from both bread halves. (Reserve removed bread for another use.)
Mix cream cheese spread and pesto; spread evenly onto insides of bread shells. Fill evenly with tomatoes, artichokes, Parmesan cheese and spinach.
Reassemble baguette; wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours. Cut into 25 slices to serve.
This is such a delicious sandwich. When I made this, I didn’t scoop out any bread. Also, I used thin-sliced ham, and I didn’t refrigerate the sandwich before serving.
This is also good made on La Brea Bakery Roasted Garlic Loaf, sliced very thin (since the bread is so chewy)
My online friend Amy didn’t even know that she expecting a baby for most of her pregnancy. Can you believe that? Amy missed out on morning sickness. Ain’t that a shame? Anyhoo, her darling second son was born this past Sunday, just missing her birthday by a few minutes. She tells a little bit of the story here.