This poor blog! I have not been posting very often, and I’m trying to figure out why. I think there is not just one cause, but a number of them, that have contributed to this sorry state of affairs.
- Like almost everyone out there, real life has been keeping me busier than usual.
- I have been conscientious about doing work in the here-and-now before doing this lovely creative work of writing a blog post.
- We have had so much sickness this winter/spring season. This means extra cleaning and laundry, or just not being able to do as much if I am the sickie.
- I think I got burned out doing the blog everyday thing with Blog 365 and just wanted to know that I really am not obligated to blog every day.
- For recreation, I have been spending more time on Facebook, keeping track of what friends are up to, and playing word games, and spending less time blogging. (If you are on Facebook, and especially if you enjoy playing Scrabble-type games, please add me as a friend!)
- Ever since the camera that I was comfortable using drowned in a lake (sigh!), my supply of pictures has decreased dramatically. We have only an old, persnickety, unreliable camera. My husband does know how to make it behave, so I must ask him to snap some photos for me. Without photos, I can’t participate in Wordful Wednesday or Photostory Friday, two of my favorites.
Well, there are lots of things I want to blog about, so, since I started this post with a list, I’ll continue in that manner. At least I can check back to this post to remind myself what to write about later!
- I need a picture of the designer laptop bag that I received today from Casauri.com. If you want to know what it looks like, go to their website and look for MS1412 Messenger Bag. Mine is the one with stripes. Founders and designers of the bags, Emily and Helena McHugh, provided this lovely item as a ‘Giveaway’ on my friend Grace’s blog, Sandier Pastures: Desert Living, Dubai Style. I still cannot believe that I won this lovely laptop bag. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Grace!
- Some pictures of the seeds sprouting on our living room window ledge need to be taken and posted. I told my friend Susiej, who sent me the seeds so that I could plant a Victory Garden of sorts, that I would do that. My husband is the one with the green thumb, so he is doing this project. If you are interested, you can also join the effort to grow a garden for your family’s use, and give the remainder to your local food bank. Susie is sponsoring this project.
- My blogging friend Linda of Remote Treechanger, nominated me for an award that I would like to accept. Linda lives in a remote area of Australia, and has interesting tales to tell of living simply in an area where you cannot just run to the store for everything. She reads and recommends interesting blogs from all over the world, so do check her out if you would like to peek at everyday life in other countries.
- I want to do some creative writing again. A poem is percolating somewhere, I just know it. I think it needs a digital photo for inspiration (hint, hint!).
Since I’m too tired to stay awake much longer, I bid you adieu! Thanks for stopping by for a virtual visit!