A couple weeks ago Linda at Remote Treechanger gave me the HONEST SCRAP award. Thank you so much, Linda!
To keep this award, I must complete the following:
1) Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award
2) Share 10 honest things about myself
3) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design or those that have encouraged me
4) Tell those 7 people they have been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving it.
Here are 10 honest things about me:
- I greatly enjoyed being stay-at-home mom to our nine children.
- Currently, I get enjoyment and satisfaction from being a para educator (“teacher’s helper”) at our local middle school, which means grades 6, 7 and 8.
- My current favorite authors are Jane Austen and Georgette Heyer.
- I’m fascinated by nutrition and health topics.
- I have made peace with my limitations. When I get tired, I can rest or play, without a guilty conscience.
- It is easy for me to stay online for a long time.
- One of my favorite things is going out for a really good coffee with my daughters.
- I would rather be kind and useful than brilliant.
- I can be very ditzy at times. Once I worried that I hadn’t gotten daughter Kayla a birthday present, and couldn’t remember, even as she was opening it, what it was. I hope this doesn’t bode ill for the future!
- I don’t easily “make friends” with machines. I especially shrink from driving someone else’s car.
So, there you have my HONEST SCRAP. Now, to nominate seven other bloggers I admire:
- Sarah of Coffee at the Cabin
- Kathy of Joyful Journey Journal
- Cindy at Letters From Midlife
- Nancy at Soliloquy
- Debbie at Wisteria and Roses
- Susan at A Life of Grace. I hope to meet Susan and her husband while we are on vacation! Thank you, Susan!
- Melanie at New Creation Cottage
Just to decorate this post, here is a picture from the Farmers Market at Point Reyes, CA taken last Saturday: