I have been tagged!
My friend Linda, whose blog is Remote Treechanger, tagged me to post 7 things about myself that I think are amazing. Those of you who know me well may not be AMAZED, but I will try:
- As my late 20s approached, I thought I would NEVER get married, though I desired to do so. I was a member of a very small Presbyterian church. My husband-to-be also wanted a wife and family, and was also a member of a small Presbyterian church two states north of me.
- We were introduced by mutual friends. His college roommate had married one of my favorite working-girl roommates. They kept after us for about a year before we agreed to meet.
- I travelled north with a girlfriend, stayed with Rick’s pastor and family, and so we met. After that visit, we continued to get to know one another mainly by writing letters, and talking on the phone. Remember, this was prior to the ease of email and chatting online.
- Though we had no one to supervise us, we really wanted to honor the Lord in our relationship, so we were very strict with ourselves during the times when we did see one another: no holding hands and no kissing. When I met Rick’s folks just prior to the wedding, they wondered if we really even LIKED one another, since we were both so reserved.
- Rick and I both believe that children are a gift from the Lord, and were so thankful to receive six daughters and three sons into our home. Maybe it’s not amazing that I’ve never used birth control of any sort.
- Seven of our children were born naturally, our twin daughters were born by C-section. Six of the natural births occurred after the C-section.
- I love and enjoy our children so much! I thank God for giving me the opportunity to be a wife and mother. I’m thankful the children all have come to their own faith in God, work hard, and enjoy one another!
That’s all, folks!
Now, I am tagging seven friends:
- My daughter Laura
- My daughter Kayla
- My daughter Rebecca
- My daughter Lydia
- My daughter Sarah
- My blogging buddy Melanie
- My blogging friend Susan B
Please, if you’re reading this and want to do the same sort of post at your blog or on Facebook, do join in!