The prompt this week for Ten on Tuesday
is 10 Best Moments of the Year:
Before I begin this list, I have to say that I am well aware that I am a blessed person. Having received the gracious gift of reconciliation with God through the Lord Jesus Christ, I know that even the difficult and sorrowful things in life ‘work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.’ (Romans 8:28)
Another thing I have to say is that I am quite an ordinary, home-body type person. I derive a great deal of joy from the little things in life, often enjoyed and received with thanksgiving. I would have great difficulty coming up with ten exciting moments, or fantastic travel moments, or super promotion moments. Mine is more a life of, “Wow! That was a great dinner. I’ll have to remember to use that recipe again!” of “Doesn’t the house look great? I really got some cleaning done today!”
For my ten best moments, then, I would like to list ten of the ‘little things’ or often ‘taken for granted’ things in life that I have most appreciated in this past year.
- Religious freedom. Week after week, without fear of persecution, I join in with others to hear the preaching of God’s Word, and to worship Him.
- Physical health.
- Enough food for nourishment and enjoyment.
- Clean water to drink.
- Fresh air to breathe.
- Enough money to pay the bills.
- A loving husband.
- Dear children who love us, love one another, and love the Lord.
- Dear friends at church, in the community, and online.
- Good coffee. I do enjoy a good, hot, strong cup of coffee.
What were your ten best moments of the past year? Maybe you do have some great big wonderful supercalifragilisticexpialidocious moments to shout out about. Let’s hear about them!