I saw this meme over at 4everMom’s blog. She also included the category 8 Shows I Watch on TV, but I don’t watch TV. That’s a good thing, since I spend plenty of time relaxing online as it is!
8 Things I’m Looking Forward To:
- More time to clean the house during the summer.
- More time to prepare meals during the summer.
- Being warm during the summer. It seemed like a long winter this year!
- Attending a Quince anos party for the first time.
- Going sailing in my husband’s little 12 foot Pelican sailboat, strictly as a passenger, though. And, please let it be on a lake, not the sound.
- The children’s help during the summer to declutter the house a bit more.
- I hope we can afford to travel to California to visit Grampa and Gramma Taron this summer.
- Someday, somehow, I want to sew or purchase new curtains for the house.
8 Things I Did Yesterday:
- Worked at the middle school from 9am until 1pm.
- Grabbed a quick lunch at home and visited with my husband.
- Drove to Lynden to pick up my mom from her home to take her for a doctor visit.
- Did some shopping for my mom, and grocery shopping for us.
- Did a Simple Woman’s blog post, after not writing on my blog for a while.
- Played Lexulous, a Scrabble-take off, on Facebook.
- Prepared yummy hamburgers for dinner, which Rick cooked on the barbeque. Yum!
- Did my usual stretching exercises before bed.
8 Things I Wish I Could Do:
- It would be lovely to have the energy level and stamina that I had in my 20s and 30s.
- Someday I would like to get back into practicing a musical instrument. I especially enjoy acoustic guitar and soprano recorder. I no longer have the breath for French horn or flute.
- I would like to get back into sewing, too. One problem is that I prefer to move around rather than sit. Guess that means I won’t get back into doing embroidery.
- I would like to work outside more. I’m focusing on doing inside work first.
- It’s difficult to think of things I “wish” I could do, since I am so very privileged to have already received the desires of my heart: a godly husband, and nine children who love the Lord. I have as well God’s assurance in Romans 8:28 that all things work together for good to those who love Him.
- I wish to be a useful, compassionate person for as long as God grants me life.
- I wish to be a good gramma who doesn’t butt into her grown kids’ lives too much, but just enough so they know that I care about them.
- I wish to see all our kids make wise, godly decisions as to whom they marry.
I realize that my “wish I could do” list changed to a “thankful for” and “looking forward to” list, but that’s what you get.
How about you? Would you like to participate in the Eight Things meme?