Today I would ordinarily do a Ten on Tuesday post, but I didn’t feel like playing along with the topic this week: 10 Things You Want For the Holiday. It’s more blessed to give than to receive, right? So, I’ll do my own little thing here: 10 Things I Want to Give Each Day.
- I want to give thanks to the Lord each day, most of all, for Who He is. As stated so succinctly in the Westminster Shorter Catechism, ‘God is a Spirit, infinite, eternal, and unchangeable, in his being, wisdom, power, holiness, justice, goodness, and truth.’
- I want to give a pleasant greeting to my family when I see them each morning.
- I want to give my employer a good day’s work for their dollar.
- I want to give thought to what I will serve my family for dinner (Think: Plan Ahead.)
- I want to give a smile to others throughout the day.
- I want to give my attention to those who speak to me.
- I want to give myself some exercise and relaxation by going for a walk each day.
- I want to give praise to others whenever possible.
- I want to give humble, wholesome criticism when it is necessary.
- I want to give encouragement to the students with whom I work, as much as possible.
Now that the list is written I guess I can post it under Simply Kind Tuesdays.