Too much to do

Today was one crazy day.

I worked at the middle school until 1pm, dashed home, said “Hi,” to my husband and warmed up a quick lunch for the two of us. Then it was time to dash off to pick up my elderly mom to go to a couple of appointments in Bellingham, one to see how her Pacemaker is doing (It is doing fine.), and the other to meet her new cardiologist. (He had a good sense of humor. When he asked, “What may I do for you?” my mom started telling him what was wrong with her feet. He listened sympathetically, then took a model of a heart and asked, “You know what this is?” When she answered in the affirmative, he said, “I am only a doctor of the heart. You would be in big trouble if I tried to figure out something about your feet!”).

Next we had to go to Option Care to straighten out a billing misunderstanding between Option Care and my mom’s insurance company. After that we went to another office to sign papers changing her health insurance carrier. Keep in mind that my mom cannot really get into or out of the car on her own, and usually doesn’t even do much walking at her assisted living home. She is going to be one tired old lady tonight, because she got into and out of the car many times this afternoon and evening.

Our final stop was at Taco Bell for dinner. My mom has always enjoyed Mexican food, including the Americanized “Mexican” food served at Taco Bell, so this was a treat, and a necessary stop also, since dinner at Meadow Greens is served at 4:30pm, and it was 6pm by the time we stopped to eat.

I dropped her off at her place, and called home to let my people know my whereabouts. Thankfully the girls had started cooking some dinner for everyone already. I picked Seth up from basketball practice, and finally drove up to the house, just in time to say, “Bye!” to my husband, who was leaving to help our son Michael move into his new place close to the college. Whew!

Kayla was here and knew how to settle me down. She asked, “Shall I make a pot of decaf, Mom?” You know what I answered, and so here I sit, typing my blog post for the day, too tired to do anything else, enjoying that coffee.

Have a good night, y’all.

(P.S. – Yes; we received a little more snow last night, but the roads were fine by this afternoon, so that wasn’t part of the stress of all the errands. I will hope, for the children’s sakes, to report a heavy snowfall soon. What is winter without a few days off from school because of snow? We want it!)

3 Responses to “Too much to do”

  1. Laura says:

    Ah yes, my busy mama! Doesn’t matter that there are few kids at home–you still stay way busy. I imagine that’s nice for you though, it’s good to be occupied .
    Have a good day!

  2. Joyce says:

    Thanks for your comment, Sweetie. Yes, it’s great to be busy. It seems like more gets done when I’m busy. 😛 I need the pressure, I guess.

  3. Sarah says:

    I’m happy that T knows just how to help you relax. Decaf coffee and a blog post to write are a wonderful combination for a relaxing evening!